The Dance Academy of South Africa offers a Dance Teachers Course aimed at all who wish to become Certified DASA Teachers. The comprehensive course, developed by DASA’s Artistic Director, Lorna Haupt, covers everything from Anatomy for Dancers to Dance History and Classical Dance Technique.
To obtain the DASA Teachers Diploma, the following aspects need to be completed within a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 4 years.
- Pass the Teachers Course Theory Certificate
- Attend an ERN Workshop
- Attend 250 hours of observation/teaching
- Dance the Pre-Grade and Grade Practical Teachers Exam
- Dance Advanced 1 Major Examination
- Pay Provisional Membership fees to DASA
For more information, please contact the DASA Head Office on 012 993 1216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: DTTC Class of 2016 with DASA Director and Examiner Sharonne van der Vyver